Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Faster, stronger, harder

The second day in Berlin...

The big adventure of the second day included visiting the contemporary art gallery and the best part was that it was totally free! All the best things in the world come in small and free packages.
The art museum wall
The art museum itself was a big white block building like all those Soviet Hrushovkas, but I guess that was the idea, because from the inside it looked a lot like small housing compartments where the people are usually stuffed away.
The exhibition inside was really cool, here are some of them:
The exhibition from outside
mmm shadows
Composition of birdpoo and traveling

Pink pipelines
some awesome cement in the black light

Magnetic washing trummel
Nowadays minimalism
Playing with mirrors
After that we went out and spend the evening in the big city visiting a big beer festival in a little soggy weather. There were tons of people crawling around trying out different beers and publicly getting drunk (as I mentioned it's one of the good things about the city). The music got better during the evening, at first it started with some horrible sausage music and in the end it was some groovy rock'n'roll. The weirdest thing was that in front of the stages there was a huge oval field left for I dunno for what and it just called out for somebody to trample all over it...so I did it in hopes that people will join. I did some serious rocking in front of the stage causing serious neckpains for the days to come, but still nobody joined in. The most important thing was that it was fun. Only me, Joshcka and some of his friends were there, but suddenly out of the blue some crazy or drunk enough people pop out and join us. After a while I got annyoed with ordinary people walking in front of the stage so the next ´90 year old got all my feelings, I just rocked, danced and partied all the while he was walking past. The great thing was that in the end he gave up and finally joined me. That was the highlight of my evening, when I can get a 90 year old man with a cane to dance. After a while we moved on and I got really tired and we went home around 10.
The next we chilled around the house most of the day and in the evening went out for a house warming party. The living costs accordingly to the zone you happen to have your house in. Next block might have the double amount of rent if it's situated in a 'cool' place. At least that was how I understood that. The appartmentwe went was a pretty nice one, although I have no idea where it was situated. The young people who buy an appartment have to renovate it themselves and so it had been done. Furniture from IKEA and a nice two roomed appartment and as much beer as you can manage to drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment