Sunday, August 8, 2010

Berlin Berlin

How my first nights were spent in the coolest city in Germany.

...After bobbing off the train I saw Joschka, who's German, just the irony of the matter was that we met in the greatest country...around...from the point of view of cheap good wine - yes, you're right, it's MOLDOVA!!! Ironically we met over a beer, but that doesn't matter, they also do good beer. Anyways he came to meet me and we went to his house in the East Berlin suburbs, which is as I was told the cool region. I threw my stuff in and then we headed off to the one of the most important places in Berlin - the Brewery. I Actually thought it was the second coolest idea right after Newton invented gravity, because beer in Denmark is really expensive and it would
 have been awesome to learn how to make it yourself. Unfortunately the tour to the brewery proved exactly the opposite, making it seem more complicated than solving rubik's  cube
 The inside of a train
We arrived in the brewery exactly on time and got a nice tour in it for 8 euros per person and in German, so I was just enjoying the view. I saw most of the process and probably more bottles than I've seen in a 18 bags of bottle collecting hobos. The system was long and demanding, you can always google it up, but it easily destroyed all my personal desire to make drinkable beer (I can manage making undrinkable golden liquid all by my own). After the tour we had a chance to taste different Berlin beer and which were not so bad. After some beers we headed into town and bought falafels which in this context is a salty pancake-ish thing filled with some sort of white sauce, meat and veggies. It was rather tasty although I was hoping that it ended up in mouth as by the time we got them it was way too dark. I was really tired and whiny about it so we crawled home. The good thing about Berlin is that transportation works almost all the time, on weekends you can take the subway home trough all the night and there's a subway that drives around and around all trough the night, so it's almost a hobo heaven, as public drinking everywhere is legally allowed...I mean sitting and drinking a nice beer on your way to your work! How pleasant is that!
The next morning was rather fast as we had to leave to take something to the city and afterwards do some fun fun sightseeing. But in the morning I woke up and went down and then I saw him...the coffee machine. From the first moment on we had this love-hate relationship. It has so many needs that I can't satisfy, it wants new coffee, be cleaned, old coffee thrown out and overall he was just so needy, but I wanted coffee and wanted to use the other machine. Only problem was that I was too lazy so I couldn't live with him and couldn't live without him.
I found myself a new best friend that has big needs - the coffee machine
My favorite window consists of - Kvint from Moldova, fruits and Bombay Gin.
My hitch hiking hat with an AIDS reflector and Joshckas Allstar sneakers.
Finally after my coffee dilemma we started off for the city centre, full of pleasant surprises of which I'll tell you all about next...
To be continued if you can wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment